Monday, November 2, 2015

November 1, 2015

                               

November 1, 2015

      How is Korea?  Korea is beautiful!      

We went on a field trip with our Stake, to Suncheon Gardens, a beautiful botanical display featuring garden styles from all over the world.

Everything is perfectly manicured.


My new friend, Janet. Lots of Koreans also have an "English" name, which they choose themselves. It is also common for a person to change his/her first (given) name several times in their lives. The last name comes first. Example: Choi Jeong Hoon - last name is Choi.


Japanese Rock Garden

Fun day, in spite of having to pretend like we understand a lot of what people are saying to us.




 Driving back to Busan from Suncheon at dusk


4 comments:

  1. It is great you get to be out and about to see some of Korea! The gardens look beautiful, as well as the ride into Busan. Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you went here as your first big outing! Perfect! Looks gorgeous, and I'm glad the sun was out. So wonderful to see your face--love you and dad so much! I want to hear more about Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! It looks like your kind of place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eliza says - "At first I thought that Korea was a crazy place, but now looking at the gardens, it looks gorgeous. Also, I can't believe that you could change your name multiple times in your life! I would change my name to... I have no idea! It's so hard to choose!" Riley says he would not change his name. He likes Riley.

    ReplyDelete