Sunday, April 10, 2016

BLESSINGS AND SURPRISES

THE BEST BLESSING

 A Healthy Baby Girl!

Elise Tanner was born on April 8, 2016! Whitney had a good pregnancy, and the baby was born one day before her due date.



We think she is an angel!



Mother and baby (and Father) are all well and happy, for which we are so grateful.
Does anyone think that Elise looks like this picture of baby Claire?
______________________________________________________

SURPRISES

Spring!
One Saturday morning on my early hike, I found this:


  
Azaleas! 
Their color provided a welcomed contrast in the midst of an otherwise wintry looking forest. I was so pleased! I went off the trail to take a picture, and looking around me, saw this:

This "rock building" - was it a grave marker? A representation of ancestor worship? A pile of wishes? Was it just some kids playing with rocks and mud? Was it old, or really old? I tramped around a little and found three more in the vicinity. 
Further searching led me to a sign of a red backwards swastika, which is a symbol for a Buddhist temple. I haven't found the answer to the rock formations.

CAMELLIAS
We noticed camellia buds on trees ever since we came to Korea in October. One day, Surprise! It is the perfect white camellia.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Baby Elise! She is beautiful and perfect! Congratulations to all! Elise does look like Clair...do you think her hair will be dark, or red...or blond! So fun!
    I am happy to see bits of spring in Korea...hopefully signs that warmer weather is at hand! (with no gloves necessary!)

    ReplyDelete